M.Sc. Nursing as a profession is becoming popular in India with every passing day. As a result of which, demand for Diploma, UG and PG Nursing courses has increased. Many students tend to go for a postgraduate course after completing B.Sc Nursing. If you are wondering whether to go for a master’s degree after completing your B.Sc Nursing degree or not then this is the perfect article for you. Here, we have mentioned topics taught in different M.Sc Nursing specialisations, through which, you will be able to decide whether you want to explore these subjects in-depth or not.
The major subjects taught in M.Sc Nursing along with the practical and theory hours taken to complete the subjects are mentioned below. To make things easier for you to understand, we have taken an example of AIIMS, Delhi. Some details may vary for different institutes but the curriculum is more or less similar.
M.Sc. Nursing Syllabus
Syllabus of Nursing as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Advanced Nursing & Allied subjects|
|3||Research & Statistics|
|4||Clinical Nursing I|
|2||Clinical Nursing II|
|3||Practical (Clinical Nursing, Thesis viva, Nursing Education & Management)|
M.Sc. Nursing Course Suitability
- One must also have a pleasant smiling face whatever be the situation.
- One should also be physically fit; have the instinct to help and serve the patient without getting sentimentally attached.
- They also possess tremendous patience, responsibility and dedication.
- They should have alertness of mind, team spirit, tact, compassion etc.
- They should have flexibility, adaptability, empathy, organization and time management; leadership; determination and tenacity and the ability to conduct research.
How is M.Sc. Nursing Course Beneficial?
- Postgraduates of the M.Sc. Nursing are qualified to work as registered nurses in a wide variety of settings include hospitals, multilevel care facilities, community agencies (home care, public health) as well as psychiatric or mental health settings.
- There is ample opportunity for the fresh graduates to start their career in the teaching profession which will help them to be specialized themselves in their Master program.
- Students can go for their Ph.D. Programs as well for further research work.
- They can become public health nurses/health worker work in government and private clinics and health departments in urban and rural areas to provide basic medical services to the local population.
- They have also many scopes in teaching fields as teachers/lecturers.
M.Sc. Nursing Employment Areas
- Content Writing (medical)
- Healthcare Centres
- Medical Colleges & Universities
- Medicine Industry
- Military Hospitals
- Nursing Homes
M.Sc. Nursing Job Types
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Clinical Instructor
- Medical Advisor
- Nursing Executive
- Nursing In-charge
- Nursing Supervisor
- Nursing Tutor
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Paramedic Nurse
- Tutor (Psychiatric Nursing)
- Ward Nurse
Contact Us for course details.