Junior Basic Training or JBT is a full-time Diploma level course. The duration of this course is 2 years divided into 4 semesters. This course is very important for teachers to acquire proper training in order to handle children at an elementary level.
This course helps students to learn and to develop classroom lesson plans, plan to teach, and assess tests and also provide both one-on-one and group instructions.
Eligibility to the course is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized university. Eligible candidates can apply for this course through college official websites or get application forms at respected colleges.
Key Highlights for JBT
Duration: The duration of the JBT course is 2 years.
Minimum Eligibility: 10+2 level of qualifying degree from a recognized board.
Admission Process: Admission in this course is offered generally on the basis of entrances, but few colleges also have the facility of merit-based admission.
Average Annual Salary: INR 4.5 to 7 LPA
Job Roles: Teacher, Counsellor, Teacher Assistant, Education administrator, Librarian, Childcare worker, Social Worker, Coach, Public Relation Specialist, etc.
Most of the colleges offer Junior Basic Training courses in India. Every college has their own eligibility criteria, admission process, and fees structure.
What is JBT?
Check the mentioned below points to know more about JBT course details.
- Junior Basic Training is a very useful training course for those who want to teach at an elementary level. Child development, educational technology and teaching of mathematics are some areas included in this training program.
- The candidates who want to adopt the teaching profession at school level and the candidates who have confidence, helpful nature, and good communication are suitable for this course. JBT is designed to impart teaching skills and subject wise knowledge to the students.
- JBT is similar to D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary Education) course. JBT and D.El.Ed. courses have similar syllabus, course structure and career prospects.
Why Study JBT?
- After completing a 2 years long academic program, JBT professionals become eligible to work at elementary level schools, nurseries and similar educational institutes imparting elementary education. This teacher training course suits those who want to teach at lower (elementary) level schools.
- This course has a wide scope of career opportunities, but apart from the career aspect, this course is suitable for those who love the profession of teaching and who feel an attachment with the Children.
- Thus the demand for the JBT courses is on rise with both the private and government institutes imparting the same. Apart from teaching jobs, candidates have the options of working as a consultant of education, assistants, educational employees, social workers, educational specialists, etc.
- The candidates can also go for further education in the field of teaching like B.Ed & M.Ed, and related courses.
Following are the list of JBT eligibility criteria for the aspirants to fulfill:
- Candidates have to pass 10+2 or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized university.
- The percentage may vary from one institute to another.
- During the time of application filing, your age should be in between 17 and 28 years.
- The candidates who have appeared for higher secondary exams and are waiting for the results can also apply.
The syllabus of JBT consists of all the topics and skills that a teacher needs to learn. Here we have enlisted the topics that are covered in this course:
|Courses||Subjects of Study|
|Foundations Courses||Education in Emerging Indian|
|Understanding the Child and the Learning Process (Educational Psychology)|
|Educational Management at Elementary Level|
|Education for Peace, Value, Environment and Human Rights|
|Teaching of Hindi|
|Teaching of Social Studies|
|Teaching of Environmental Science|
|Teaching of Mathematics|
|Teaching of English|
|Health & Physical Education Yoga|
|Sessional Work (PET/Yoga)|
|Art Education & Work Experience (Theory & Practical)|
|Pedagogical Courses||Teaching of Mother Tongue (Hindi)|
|Teaching of English Language|
|Teaching of Mathematics|
|Teaching of Environmental Studies (Sciences)|
|Teaching of Environmental Studies (Social-Studies)|
|Teaching of Work Experience|
|Teaching of Art Education|
|Teaching of Health and Physical Education|
|School Experience Program||–|
|Practical Work||Co-curricular Activities|